Chilli Con Carne is a great meal to cook if you plan to throw a party. All you need for it is a saucepan and basic ingredients, it will feed many people and because this version doesn´t need any meat, it is incredibly cheap! If you serve it in the traditional way – in bowls – you will double impress your guests.
I like to cook this meal because it never fails to satisfy everybody. It contains ingredients that are generally liked and it is also rich in protein thanks to soy meat and beans.
Vegan chilli con carne is ready in a couple of minutes – you just throw everything together in a single pot, cover and then wait for 30 minutes until a miracle happens. If you want to take the meal into the next level throw in a couple of nachos. Done!
Delicious, quick and effective. And filling.
1 yelow onion
1 can red beans
1/2 can sweet corn
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 smaller carrots cut into slices
1 package of soy granulate
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
a dash of chilli powder
1 teaspoon curry
salt and pepper
1. Finely chop the onion and cook it in a splash of oil until translucent.
2. Add all the spices and stir well, making sure they don´t burn.
3.Add corn and carrots and stir well.
4. Add soy granulate.
5. Pour in a little bit of water so that the mixture don´t stick to the pot.
6. Add the beans, tomatoes and tomato purée.
7. Stir to combine everything, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Serve chilli con carne in bowls with rice. You can add a couple of nachos if you want.
9. If you find the chilli to be too spicy, add a dollop of mayonnaise.
Vegan chilli con carne is one of those meals that taste even better on the following day. The problem is whether you will have any chilli left to try this experiment because it always disappears in seconds 🙂