Summer days make me reconsider my meals because the temperatures above 32°C truly take my appetite away. If it was up to me, I would only drink a home-made lemonade but my body needs a stable amount of nutrients in order to carry me through the sweltering days. Therefore I opt for very light and refreshing meals which will help me to cool down my body temperature.
Summer burrito is great for this because it leaves out rice which is very filling (which is good in autumn or winter but I can´t stand it in summer) and it contains loads of veggies that bring to my body everything it needs.
They are also very easy and quick to make which means I don´t have to sweat in the kitchen.
2 tablespoons vegan mayo
1/2 can kidney beans
1/2 can corn
5 cherry tomatoes
1/4 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
salt and pepper
- Spread the tortilla on a plate and spread 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo on a half of it.
- Top it with a handful of rocket
- In a bowl, mix together beans, corn, cherry tomatoes an bell pepper.
- Spread the half of the mixture on mayo.
- Mash an avocado and season it with salt and pepper. Spread a half of it on top of the bean mixture.
- Top with salsa according to your liking.
And you are done! You can now enjoy your simple summer burrito somewhere in a shadow of a tree 🙂
What are your favourite ways to prepare a vegan burrito? Let me know in the comments!
Have a great day!