Hello dear ones,
Today, we are continuing with easy vegan recipes for summer 🙂 I got a strong craving for a Chinese take away the other day. That does not happen very often to me but when it does, I am able to cross the ocean to get the meal on my plate.
However, in my country, Asian restaurants usually make their dishes very fatty and unhealthy, not to mention the copious amounts of glutamate in them. I usually feel slightly nauseous after eating there so I decided to make my own Sesame chicken in a vegan style this time.
Turned out it is much easier than I thought and I have to tell you – the flavours were amazing! I seriously thought I was eating a sesame chicken dish in a Chinese restaurant 🙂 The preparation and cooking took me maybe 30 minutes and then I was ready to enjoy my very own, homemade Asian meal 🙂
Definitely try it next time you crave Chinese!
If you would like to watch the recipe instead of reading it, here is the video of me cooking it 🙂
400 g plain tofu
1 clove of garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons salsa
1 tablespoon tamari sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons potato starch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- Start by cutting the tofu into larger cubes.
- Combine garlic, salsa, tamari sauce, maple syrup and vinegar in a bowl and put it aside.
- Sprinkle potato starch on top and gently stir until all sides are covered in starch.
- Heat oil in a pan and throw tofu in once it is hot. Cook 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add garlic sauce, stir gently to distribute the sauce evenly and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, stir in sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle spring onion on top and serve with basmati rice.
I seriously love this dish because it is so simple and easy to make yet it is very satisfying and full of flavours. Tofu is a great source of protein so I like to eat it as a dinner after my running workout.
What is your favourite veganized meal? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Stay healthy and gold!